Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hello everyone.  Long time no see...or write.  I have every intention to blog each day with our kids but time slips by so quickly at the end of our day.  So, at this moment, while the kids are all working on a sight word search, I thought I would get our blog in early.

First of all, you should have received two sheets of card stock with sight words in the blue take home folder yesterday.  These are for you to keep and use however you see fit to help your child learn the sight words.  I will send an additional strip today that has number words.  If you wish to have an additional set, let me know.

 Also in  the folder is the 3rd Parent and Child magazine.  In this magazine there is a promotion for Small Business Saturday which is November 29th.  There is an offer from scholastic in this promotion that will earn two books for your child.  All you have to do is fill out the form and tell scholastic about 1 or 2 small businesses you like to use and why.  You don't even have to put a stamp on the postcard when you mail it in.  WOW!!!


Finally, we are talking about the first Thanksgiving and what we are thankful for.  Here are some of the answers I received from those who finished their work first. :)

Sadie "I am thankful for my toys."
Camryn- "I am thankful for making friends."
Kimberly- "I am thankful for my family and making dinner."
Angel - "I am thankful for my family."
Immanuel -"I am thankful for my mom and my dad."
Suri- "I am thankful for having a house."
Emma- "I am thankful for having a family."
Sung Sung- "I am thankful for a house."
Adrienne- "I am thankful for my cat."
Sui- "I am thankful for my dad."
Case- "I am thankful for my friends."

I am thankful for the opportunity to teach your wonderful children and Jenks East Elementary.  I can't imagine a better place to teach.

Look for more thankful statements from the rest of the class in the days to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment